Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nail Biter

I do not watch a lot of TV y'all. I like House, but I missed several episodes, ditto for Extreme Makeover Home, so before tonight it really didn't faze me when my cable was out. In fact, we went for over a year with no cable, no tv reception at all. Now we have the basic stuff though and the kids watch PBS and I watch the occasional Oprah. This summer however, I am addicted to SYTYCD. Is this reality TV crack?

Yesterday I returned home from my second home, SuperTarget, to find that our cable was out. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal and when I called Lee to freak out he was like good, I hate the TV anyway. I had to explain to him why it is different now. Why I NEED the boob tube, at least for Wednesday and Thursday nights.

So we got the service appt. for 2-5pm. 4:57 rolls around and I start calling Comcast in a panic because I must watch my dancin'. I made provisional plans to go watch at my mom's, but I could tell she wasn't too thrilled* about me and my party of 5** showing up to take over the house at 8.

FINALLY, the guy shows up and fixes the cable and we all breathe a big sigh of relief.

I Like This Show Because: a list by Tracy

a) I do not even think I can dance
b) I love to do it anyway
c) I like seeing all the different styles
C) I like the how the critiques are given
d) I like the way the final decision is actually made by the judges
e) I wish I could dance

In other completely not related news, we will be going to the pool tomorrow and Friday because it is hotter than the ninth circle of hell. Jake and Ryan are completely at comfortable in the pool and are getting to be very strong swimmers. Luke and Laine still wear their floatie suits, even though they can touch in the shallow end now. Mary Clare loves the pool more than any baby I have ever seen. She sqeals and splashes and her froggy kicks look like a pre-cursor to some Olympic-quality breaststroke.

*I cut her some slack though because my sister's wedding is next week and a billion relatives are coming over and she just had the house cleaned by a gang of super professional merry maids.
**I thought Lee was going to be working late, so I was planning on dragging them over there, jammies and all.

1 comment:

Pug Mama said...

Did you see the part when TWO of the judges predicted Benji as winning the whole thing!
That's my man!!!!!!!