Monday, January 2, 2006

The lengths

I am cheap. I will only buy stuff if it is on sale, a good sale. I buy in bulk when possible, but mostly for dry goods. I learned my lesson about buying produce etc. in bulk when the gallon of yogurt stuffed way back in my fridge turned into cheese. I am not brand loyal except for a few special things such as Colgate Total, Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, and Diet Coke. I especially love Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morningfor clothes and junk. Unfortunately it is not prudent or sane to bargain hunt at Marshalls and the like with 3 yr. old shopping assistants.

Anyway, I wanted to document my latest cheapskate episode. It involves c.c. cookies, my absolute fave. I was able to go grocery shopping alone today (what bliss!) and as I passed refrigerated cookie section I could not help but notice the big SALE sign. Mostly there were those slice and bake dealies, but wait! The break and bake cc. holiday cookies were in there too! You see they are just regular cc cookies with some tree and santa looking bits scattered on top. Woo Hoo! Only 1.25 y'all!

Later, baking them at home I realised I could even pull off the holiday looking thingys if I wanted too and just have regular c.c. chip cookies and not have my cheapness staring me right in the face as I eat my yummy Christmas cookies in February! Yes, you can freeze them. So I am going back tomorrow to stock up.

PS. don't think I don't know that homemade c.c. cookies are soooooo much better than these refrigerated ones, it's just that I have never met a c.c. cookie I didn't like and as I said above I am Cheap, and maybe easy too.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I don't know too many pre-adoptive parents who aren't cheap. I'm currently sporting the "adoption haircut." (AKA long because I won't go to the stylist!)

Lisa~~ said...

Too funny, I am a bargain hunter too. I will keep an eye on any cookies that you bring to a pot luck in July!!

M3 said...

Don't ever let anyone laugh at you for making break-and-bake cookies. When you're holding a warm, gooey tray under their noses and asking if they want one they won't be so proud. Trust me!

Gen said...

COOKIEESSS-I can't pass up a cookie either. Sure I love the homemade ones, but ain't nothing wrong with a take n bake either. Especially when you want a hot cookie and no dishes to clean...I don't care what anyone says-but I have never seen anyone resist any fresh baked cookie-take n bake or not!My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Gen said...

oh yeah..i, too am a loyal diet coke follower. Yum a hot cookie and a diet coke-the best diet meal since diet food cancels out dessert ;)