Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Kids! Time For Some Adoption Math (tm Mary-Mia)

Pardon me while I work out a few scenarios.

Scenario #1: A mysterious referral package leaves China at the end of January. It contains LIDs from 4/25-5/12. If no more referrals come until late February or early March, when will a)we get a referral and b) when would we then travel?

a) Well we may get a referral in that late February early March batch so long as the CCAA doesn't decide it needs to move it's office/hire new people/take a vacation again. Or just send match up until 5/22.
b) MAYbe (because there is some trade show in late April and there is a holiday the whole first week of May so usually not much travel during those 3 weeks)

Scenario #2: A mysterious referral package leaves China at the end of January. It contains LIDs from 4/25-5/23 (yes I know this is utterly ridiculously delusional). If no more referrals come until the end of February or early March, when will a) we get a referral and b)when would we then travel?

a)Late January early February, because, you see, 5/23 is our LID!!!
b) March!!

Scenario #3: A mysterious referral package leaves China at mid January. It contains LIDs from 4/25-5/17. If another referral package comes in February, when will a) we get a referral and b) when would we then travel?

a)February
b)early April?

Personally, I am a big fan of scenario no. 2. It is the least likely scenario, but I am ready to try being an optimist for awhile. Yay! Go Scenario #2.

Now, some might say scenario #3 is just as unlikely, but I disagree. It is possible that CCAA is going to start sending out smaller referral batches, but sending them more frequently. Eh? You like that? Sounds intriguing, no? Well, I am just making that up, TPTB have not ever actually said that and there has not been even a hint that it is their intention, BUT......... I think it sounds like a good plan, so there.

For real, I need to look at May for travel. May! I cannot believe it! That is 5 months off of when I thought we would be going just 2 months ago (does that make sense? all this higher math is giving me a headache)

3 comments:

Stephanie V said...

I have worked on so many scenario's it borders on OCD. I've narrowed it down to possibly March or when hell freezes over.

Erika (Anothermad) said...

Tracy, I didn't realize that you were one of US! . . .Bloggers that is. I've been over on Xanga.com (username: Anothermadhousewife) for a year and a half or so.

Thanks so much for your hospitality the other night. It was so much fun hanging out with you guys.

P.S. I LOVE your Christmas-letter lists. :)

M3 said...

I'd like the scenario that results in everything mysteriously speeding up by 2 months please! You know, the one we'll call the anti-slowdown.