Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yarn Along: 2

I began this project with a different yarn and hook size and a different tail pattern. I made up the project as I went along, and now it is complete, but not really 'done'. I have yet to get good photo of Nina wearing this little mermaid papoose because she kicks and squirms right out! I need to figure out a way to cinch the waist a bit, maybe run a ribbon through? This is really more of a photo prop item right now, it just doesn't seem very useful. Maybe if I made the stitches tighter so her toes wouldn't poke out and I could fix the waist so it would stay on, then maybe it would be good for a cozy, cute sleeping bag.



I'm just now on the next book of the Outlander series, Drums of Autumn. I also read the Order of the Phoenix with my oldest boys. I have to confess, not one of my favorites. It was kind of boring in places and I skipped a bit. We watched the movie on Friday and it was pretty bad. We're moving on to the next book and I'm hoping it's better.

Thanks for checking in on me. Leave me a comment and I'd love to hear any suggestions about the mermaid cocoon/papoose. I'm a fairly new crochet-er. Check out more projects with Ginny at the Yarn Along.

3 comments:

Corrabelle said...

Ha, I love it! I've seen little cocoon bags but never one that looks like a mermaid tail!! So sweet:)

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! It makes me want to sing "Under the Sea."

Karen said...

I don't know that I have any suggestions to help - but I do love the color and love the pattern
thanks for sharing
Karen