Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yarn Along 3: Baby Bonnet!



I am thrilled at how this bonnet turned out! It was a free pattern from Annelise at Aesthetic Nest.

I've been crocheting off and on for a bit over a year now. I'm self-taught with lots of help from You Tube! This is one of the first more complicated patterns I've been able to read and complete and I just think it's so sweet on my Nina's fuzzy baby head.




Oh and that bright blanket in the background? That is the 'happy blanket' I made while pregnant and on bedrest with Nina. It's based on the granny stripe design from Attic 24. I love the bright colors on Lucy's blog and in her designs. It was wonderful to work with this design last winter and bleary spring while I waited through a very scary third trimester. It really kept my crazy pregnancy self on this side of depression. With looming uncertainty about the baby, I just couldn't bear to work on any baby items at all and the blanket was a great family project. The other kids named it the 'happy blanket' because of the great colors.




Now, months later, Nina and I are here and healthy and I am thrilled to be making some baby goodies for her!

As far as my reading is going, I am as usual, reading several things. I've got War and Peace on the Kindle, the third book in the Outlander series by my bed, and the second Game of Thrones on audio on my phone.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check out some more great projects over at the weekly Yarn Along!

4 comments:

pinkundine said...

That bonnet is precious :) Love the granny stripe blanket too

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your bonnet is wonderful. I struggle with directions too. And I recognized that granny stripe immediately. I think we're all in love with Lucy's colors. But, I'm sure you'll agree, that baby is precious. I'm glad everything is well.

Emily said...

I've been lusting after attic 24s stripe blanket for some time too!!! That bonnet is gorgeous- I'm going to check out the pattern- for our little 3 wk old boy!

Lisa said...

Nice work on the bonnet! And such a cute baby.
Thank you for stopping by.