Monday, August 1, 2011

Chicken mania!


After months of planning, plotting, reading and dithering, I finally acted and we are now the proud owners of 3 chickens!

MaryClare is holding Amy, a Buff Brahma. We also have Isabelle, a Barred Rock, and Tiffany, a Black Cochin. The kids named them. I guess it was an 80's theme? We're getting used to them and vice versa. They are just teenagers, pullets, and won't begin laying for a few more weeks. I am surprised at how not big of a deal it all is.

Truly, they are very cute and funny. I'm not sure why I tend to complicate things, but I'm glad we finally just did it! The kids love the chickens and the other day I came out and saw Luke and Laine each had one perched on their heads and were laughing hysterically. I wish I had a picture of that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have five hens who are such fun. I think we'll always have chickens.