Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yarn Along: 1


I'm excited to share in my first yarn along! I'm not much of a knitter, but I do like like to crochet. This project is one I made up after being inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. It's going to be like a papoose or cocoon that Josephine will snuggle in like a sleeping bag. I love the whimsy of the mermaid fins!

I forgot the picture of what I'm reading. Right now I'm in the middle of book 3 in the Outlander series, Voyager. Some friends of mine are super die hard fans and it's been fun to get into the series so I can talk and squeal along with them! The main male character, Jaimie, is just so wonderful, but I have a hard time relating to the female main character though. She's growing on me a bit now. I think there are at least 4 books in the series.

Thank you Ginny, for hosting the weekly Yarn Alongs

3 comments:

kerri.warmus said...

Very cool. Are you making up the pattern yourself? I love to crochet and am just barely able to knit, but I'm getting better. The Yarn Along is so fun because you get more motivated.

Tracy C. said...

yes-I'm kind of making it up as I go along. I hope the YA will keep me going and I'll get more projects to completion. Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I think there are more like 7 or 8 books in the Outlander series with one more due out soon. I really enjoyed them all.

Thanks for visiting my blog!