Monday, October 23, 2006

Happenings

I have been a slow blogger lately. Lots of stuff going on, but not much I really feel like blogging about. My sister started a blog and it promises to be interesting. She is a first year middle school art teacher at an 'at risk' school and she is also a newlywed. She has tons of bloggy material!

My best friend from Fl is coming to visit w/ her 3 kiddos and we can't wait to get our babies together. They are only 6 days apart in age. B was pregnant w/ her son when I told her our plans to adopt Mary Clare. She was so thrilled for us, probably one of the most excited people besides Lee and myself. One of the reasons being that she and her husband are hoping to adopt from China as well, something they began discussing right about the time we did, but neither of us knew about the other's interest.

I am also hosting a 30th b-day party for another friend in Nov. We will be breaking out the kareoke machine, Lee is ready to start his vocal exercises now, just to be at his peak for the big night ;)

Oh and the prep for Halloween, costumes(1 ballerina, 1 ladybug *hey it was a free costume people*, 1 bat, 1 spider/super man, 1 army guy) jack-o-lantern carving party. Also our co-op is having an All Saints party with games, food etc.. the catch is dress up as your favorite saint so that means more costumes.

Speaking of costumes, I also have to get/make a donkey and a sheep costume for the nativity play. Maybe I can combine them somehow, there is a story about St. Francis and the Christmas Donkey so maybe one of the boys can be St. Francis and the other the donkey? What about the sheep? Anyone have any ideas on what Saint I can use to go with a sheep? Then I would have 2 less costumes to come up with!

1 comment:

Anothermadhousewife said...

Added to my list of things to do before I die: See Lee sing kareoke. :)

Theoretically, I always have things that I want to blog about (hopefully, the profound in the mundane, but I fear it might just be the mundane in the mundane). Anyway, I kind of have this fear that when I have time to write more, I will have less to say. I think some of my desire to write may be borne out of the mayhem. ;)