Thursday, October 12, 2006

Camping this weekend

We are going camping this weekend for the first time, ever. We will be with a group of over 20 families and I think there will be over 100 kids there. This will be one wild weekend!

This is a group from our co-op and I am actually looking forward to it believe it or not, becasue I haven't had time to get to really know many of the other families. In co-op we are busy with te kids so ther eis not much mommy socializing happening. The kids are so excited. I am putting on my happy camper face and preparing for lots of dirt.

Sadly (for her!), MC will not be joining us. She will be having a weekend with the grands. This will be our first time away from her and I am a bit anxious, but she has bonded and attached so well and it has been 6 mo. since we returned home this weekend. Wow! The neat thing is that my MIL is working late on Friday, but my FIL volunteered to still keep her. He will be solo sitting from 12pm tomorrow until whenever Jojo gets home. This is huge people, he actually suggested this. I am busy packing and listing stuff. MC adores Gampy and reaches and smiles for him so I know she feels comfortable and we will not be more than 2 hrs away so we can come if there is an emergency or something.

I think this will be a great weekend for all of us and the grands are looking forward to some special one on one time with Mary Clare.

2 comments:

Anothermadhousewife said...

Yay, I love camping. We've never taken the kiddos either (at least not overnight -- we've visited campsites where J.J.'s sisters were camping). I keep saying when Luke gets older, I want to take them. . .I don't want to have to breastfeed or set up port-a-crib. :)

Blair said...

We tried a camping trip once with the 2 girls. Maybe one day I'll blog about it. It wasn't good. Glad to find your blog and another Mary Clare! She's a doll and what a special story she has.