Thursday, February 15, 2007

Homemade

I am so happy with how these turned out. I saw the beautiful figures that Elizabeth's children use and I really wanted something like that for my children to work with. The price on the figures they use was a bit high, but thanks to some lovely, creative women at the 4Real Learning Forum, we were able to get these together in one day!

The first apostles.

You have to cut a very tiny slit in the oval to make the cloak. Put it over the body and then attach the head.

All assembled.

An apostle's eye view.


I am already planning more sets. Seriously, this was super easy and fast. I like the results much better than our craft spoon nativity and I think we will replace that set with one similar to this.

I still need to get a basket for storing these and also figure out how to identify who's who. Jesus is the only one with a beard, and he is wearing red and white and the rest are in more dull, earthy colors. I know that each apostle has a specific symbol associated with him so maybe I can incorporate those somehow...

12 comments:

Suzanne G said...

Tracy: Wonderful! Thanks for showing how exactly you did the garments. That helps a lot. It looks SO GREAT!

MaryM said...

These are incredible, Tracy. I'm excited to try our hand at these as well.

Jenn Miller said...

These are TERRIFIC!!! Now, what did you use for the heads, as the picture the heads look bigger than the clothespins. Now I think I could manage this!

Eren said...

Oh, these are great Tracy!!! Love them. Think we could make some knights like this?

Maryan said...

Tracy -- I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Theresa ♥ said...

Those are great!!! I love them.

Karen Edmisten said...

Those are fantastic!

Mary Vitamin (Helen) said...

Tracy, you are an excellent photographer.
Great project!
Love,
Helen

Mary G said...

Tracy - these are wonderful and you don't have to worry about the kids "hurting" them or blowing the annual homeschool budget! Thanks for the great pictures, I'm headed to the craft store tomorrow (if it EVER stops snowing here in Denver)!

Blessings and your blog is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful - and so in keeping with the cgs principle that the narrative figures are 3 dimentional while the parable figures are 2 dimentional :-)

Tina said...

Thank you so much for this idea. You've inspired me to be more creative and thrifty with my own children.

Joan D'Arcy said...

I am attending CGS course end of this year in SIngapore.. and you have inspired me so much!! I am also curious, what did u use for the head? =)

Thanks