Sunday, January 7, 2007

A New Year

Obviously, I have been neglecting my blog.

But, as I am preparing to start the new school term, my bloggy juices are stirring again.

You may have noticed yet another new look! We recently bought a new computer and also some new photo editing software. We have Corel Paint Shop Pro and I have been practicing with it for several weeks.

I began to scrapbook back when my first son was born, but with each new baby I spent less and less time working on it and eventually just gave up. It was a mess to drag the stuff out and it took me forever to make just one page because I agonized over cutting photos and paper etc...I read somewhere that behind every procrastinator is a perfectionist and while I still claim (blindly?) that I am not a perfectionist, I certainly see an element of myself in that statement.

Back to the scrapbooking....about a year ago I discovered the world of digital scrapbooking and messed around a bit with it, but our computer was way to slow and you need tons of memory to do this stuff.

Now with my fancy new computer though, I am finding all sorts of neat things to do with our photos. I am sure there is someway to incorporate all that I am learning into our homeschool stuff, but I haven't truly pursued it yet. Anyway, that is one reason why this blog keeps changing it's look!

1 comment:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Oh Tracy! There are so many ideas that I can share with you to incorporate HS with photography, your scrapbook tools (both digital and real) and the kids will love it:-) Do you have power point? Once they get their scrapbook pages done, they can put them in PP and do a presentation, it is so much fun! We could even get together and let the kids work together if you want. I'd really like that! t