Sunday, January 7, 2007

10 things I love that begin with 'Y'

I am late (as usual) to this alphabet party and almost all of the other letters are taken. However, I am in luck! 'Y' is still left and there are several things I like that being with 'Y':

Yellow: a very good color. Yellow is a happy color, an association that most people make and I am sure it has nothing at all to do with the ubiquitous yellow smiley faces.

Yarn: I am not a knitter, but I sure appreciate the fruits of loving knitters such as my Nana, who has knit several wonderful things for me and my family over the years, including these awesome Christmas stockings:



Yes: I am thinking specifically of Mary and her "Yes" to God. May I follow in her example...

You: I love my blog readers!

Years: My birthday is just days away (the 9th...) and I am happy to have been here almost 32 years. When I think about it, I mean really, really think about it, I can say honestly that I am more happy and content every year of my life and I appreciate every moment more and more.

Yesterday: means more wonderful memories to reflect on over the years

Youngster: We have 5 and totally love them!

Yogurt: specifically I like the Yoplait whips. Key Lime, Raspberry Chocolate...so good.

Whew...2 more? Hmmm........

Yard: I am looking forward to spring and maybe some new plants and flowers. We are completely renovating our yard and it is a loooong process, but we are already enjoying the lawn for soccer and tag.

Yawn: You know, a big yawn feels really good sometimes, like as you are climbing into bed with clean sheets and a soft new nightgown, or right now even!

I hope you have enjoyed our fun journey with the letter "Y". See it wasn't so bad! Let's all remember to give this noble letter a bit more respect in the future, ok?

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay! Tracy, this was great! :)

Julie said...

Y is also for Youngsters, your's are getting so big and are still so darned cute!

Happy New Year.

Anothermadhousewife said...

You bloggin' fool! You've been making up for lost time. Good luck with the computer scrapbooking. I stopped all the cutting and pasting after Julia. Poor Nat is always looking for pictures of herself (but they're all un-printed). She points to pictures of Julia and says, "THERE's Natalie."

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy! Happy Birthday! I love reading about what's going on with your family. Your blogs are great! Can't wait to see you at the shower. - Ashley Wood