Thursday, January 11, 2007

Down Memory Lane


Fourteen Bears In Summer and Winter
I had this book as a child and I began to search for it for my own kids a few years ago. It was out of print and copies were going for over one hundred dollars!

I was so excited to see it being published again and I recieved our copy today. After ripping open the box we sat down immediately to read it. It is every bit as wonderful as I remembered. Jake and Ryan really loved it to, probably not as much as me though because 11 our of the twelve bear cubs are girls! They were charmed by the illustrations of the bears in the woods and each individual cub's own tree house which has it's own style. I remember pouring over this book for hours, studying each page carefully and dreaming of how I would decorate my own tree house and how wonderful it would be to live in such a big family in the woods with customized tree houses.

No comments: