Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Lee's Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday.

We are not huge birthday celebrators, but we'll probably have a nice meal for dinner, maybe some cake and cards too. We'll probably talk a bit about Dad as a baby and might even call his mom and dad to say thanks for having such a wonderful son.

Lee truly is my 'other half'. We fit like puzzle pieces with each other. He fills in my personality gaps. He keeps me lighthearted and joyful. I help him stay grounded.

We met a wonderful woman named Joan the other night. Joan's husband Chris died not too long ago but they were married 51 years and it is obvious he is a big part of who she is. Their love and marriage and her friendliness really touched my heart.

I feel that way about Lee. Even if he dies tomorrow and I live many more years on earth without him, he will always be a big part of who I am.

I love his birthday, even without the cake, presents and general hoopla, because it is just another day to remind me how special he is.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Tracy, please give your husband congratulations on his bday--

I actually got to your blog via another website...and I read your dc's names..and realized that I may actually have gone to school with your DH...lol. If he is a graduate of a high school in Marietta, Ga, in the early 90s, chances are, he is the guy I am thinking of...lol. I've just registered on the hsing website I found the link to your blog on, so I couldn't contact you via there...

Tell your DH he's got some great looking dc, and that it looks like life has really been blessed for him these last 15 yrs!

Rachel (the only one in his graduating class)

Anothermadhousewife said...

No way! I'm sure I knew this at one time, but I had forgotten that his birthday is the day after J.J.'s. How old did he turn? I'm gonna guess 32, b/c J.J. turned 33.

Very sweet sentiments, by the way. I can't imagine life with anyone else either. We are so blessed. :)

Anothermadhousewife said...

P.S. Happy birthday, Lee! :)

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday Lee ~ wishing you many, many more(: