Thursday, November 9, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Lisa, at Joyful Chaos, is hosting Thankful Thursdays every week in November. It is such a breath of fresh air to read everyone's lists and composing my own was a wonderful way to start my Thursday.


10 Things I am Thankful For: in no significant order

1. coffee

2. family dinner when Lee is in town

3. living close to my parents and Lee's parents-particularly it is the kids who benefit. having grandparents close by while growing up is priceless

4. wine

5. our children-I debated on listing this because it seems so obvious, but honestly this one could be listed 5 times for each one of the precious little stinkers so really I am cheating a bit lumping them together in one.

6. homeschooling-I am surprised over and over at what a wonderful thing this has been for our family. I know others are even more surprised at how much I really, really love it!

7. our washing machine and dryer

8. my wonderful husband-he not only puts up and does it with a smile, he actually claims to love me! That crazy nut!

9. my faith

10. the cool internet browser and ordering feature my library uses-I can search for books, request them, even from other branches and then just pick them up at our branch when they are ready, for free! Ok, I know it is is really not free, my tax dollars at work and all, but it is great to be getting something for my tax dollars.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and look forward to reading it!

My list would be very similar to yours, with my hubby, kids, coffee, wine, and diner all at the top! My husband is getting ready to take a job in another city and we will be staying in Atlanta. We eat as a family every day at the dining room table. I am dreading the weeknights when he'll be gone and that we will probably eat out on the weekends when he's home.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's a great list -- coffee, wine, family, homeschooling. I'm there. :-)

Now I just have to fight my envy over your library and its services ... I can renew books online, but can't do the "request/pick up" thing. Darn.

Katherine in TX said...

Gotta love the public library!
Enjoy the wine for me...5 months pregnant, and counting. :)

JennGM said...

Great list...the wine and coffee are such treats in life, donchathink? And that library tool sounds so great.

Amy said...

Wonderful list, I can relate to so many of them!

Suzanne Temple said...

"Five Precious Little Stinkers" Now, wouldn't that be a good blog name?

Great list!

Elie said...

I'm green over #3 and 10. Two things I miss the most here in Belgium.

Thanks for the fun look at your blessings!

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Can I just say ditto to everything on this list?

yesterthoughts said...

Tracy,
I share your gratitude for each of these... except the library requests. I don't know if I can interlibrary loan online yet. I'm inspired by you to find out, though! Thanks for sharing your blessings.

Alice Gunther said...

Great list, and your #1 shows me you have your priorities in order. In other words, you're my kinda gal!