Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thankful Thursday: part two

I was supposed to do this last night, but I am still learning the ropes of the blog carnival thing. However, since it is still Thursday I decided to go ahead with this list. Honestly, being thankful is a discipline I could stand to practice more so this whole Thankful Thursday thing is good for my soul, y'all!

1. bedtime chats and tuck ins
-This would not have made a thankful list a few years ago. I have had my share of bedtime woes, believe me. More recently, probably with in the past year, I have begun to view this time in a new light. I cherish the hugs and kisses, especially from my big guys because they have grown more infrequent during the day. Also we have developed a very special and personal family night time routine that we follow almost every night. This is the time when the kids tell me things that just don't come out during the day. Sure, they are usually just stalling, but I'll take it!

2. our wonderful cul-de-sac
-At times I miss my old house that was bigger and newer. There are several things about our 'new' home that I love so much and I cannot imagine living back at that one. The cul-de-sac is high on the list. The kids play out there all the time.

3. great free podcasts such as this and this.

4. my minivan
-runs great and gets us all where we need to be

5. bunk beds

6. that we live 5 min. from church

7. the entire blog thing

8. squeaky baby shoes

9. my best friend, Becky
-everyone else calls her Rebecca, but I still have the childhood privilege of calling her
Becky, or more commonly, Beck. We have been friends for 20 years. My kids call her
Aunt Birdy.

10. kisses


See Journey of a Mother's Heart for many more great lists. Really, they are very inspiring.

2 comments:

Lisbet said...

Great List! Thanks SO much for that storynory link ~ I remember my mom reading me shock headed peter as a kid - in german! We will be listening to it tonight! Thanks!

yesterthoughts said...

Tracy, What a terrific list! Thanks for sharing your reasons to be grateful. Blessings,
kristina