Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Gettin' Ginkgified

This is our first field day! For our freshman entry we decided to watch the ginkgo tree in the yard across the street. It is a wonderfuly interesting tree and my kids loved learning about ginkgos in general. Even the twins got involved and would remind me to take the pictures. The boys were facinated to learn these trees have been around since the time of dinosaurs. A big thank you to Dawn for hosting this Field Day! Please click on the Field Day button on Friday, December 1st. to see many more autumn nature blogs.

In the south, the leaves don't begin to turn until late autumn, perfect for this Late Autumn Field Day! We decided to photograph the tree throughout the month, hoping to catch the Big Drop. This ginkgo seems to lose it's most of it's leaves very rapidly, within a couple of days. I hope you enjoy our nature photo journal.





















4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is such a great idea. I love how you did this. And Ginkgos are one of my favorite trees to study. Thank you!

Kira said...

Hello Tracy,
I didn't know how to contact you except by commenting on your blog post. I just wanted to say thanks for the comment on poem! I'm looking forward to following your blog here and your adoption blog as we are thinking of adopting for China next.

Peace,
Kira (Showered with Grace)

Krisann Robles said...

What a neat idea, we will have to try that with some of the trees in our yard next year.

Thanks for sharing!

Alice Gunther said...

Great autumn photos! I love ginkgo trees!