Monday, November 13, 2006

Homekeeping Book

I don't think this will ever be complete. Maybe some homekeeping gurus will weigh in and let me know if my suspicion is correct: organization is an ongoing thing, there is alwasys more to do. I also suspect it gets easier once you have a good system, but maybe that is wishful thinking!


Here is the cover and also some of the dividers.:
















I would like to add a recipe section too.

Another thing I have been doing for the past 3 weeks or so is designating a day for certain chores. For example, Monday is Laundry Day, Tuesday is Kitchen Day, Wednesday is Office Day, Thursday is Town Day and Friday is Big Clean Day. For each day I have a plan or checklist (that is in the Book) on what needs to be accomplished. The Town Day thing is tough, I still don't have the hang of making and planning good enough lists so that I am not having to run out to get things at other times. Laundry Day has been especially helpful. I may not complete every single load, but I am getting enought so that we all have clean underwear for a whole week. Be assured, this is a monumental milestone!


I try to keep in my mind that this Book is supposed to work for me, not against me and that I can adjust as needed. Also, if something should happen to me this Book should be able to help whoever needs it to take care of my family and my kiddos.
**********************************

I have switched to Beta Blogger and I am not sure if I like it. It seems the upload of pictures is very slow and I have a hard time with layout. Can any readers tell a difference?

7 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...

I switched to beta blogger a while ago. It took a few good weeks for the picture upload to work right, but once it does it is great. I think your site looks great.

Kim said...

Your book is gorgeous! I have to resist wanting new paper when I see other people's. ; ) So glad it worked out so well for you!

Lisa said...

Your notebook is beautiful! I love the colors you chose.

yesterthoughts said...

Your notebook is so pretty!

Rebecca said...

I think your notebook is so pretty. It will be a joy to use, that's for sure!

Minnesota Momma said...

I love your book, Tracy! Very pretty.

I haven't switched to the new blogger yet. I suppose I will soon. Is it easier?

Kim

Tracee said...

Share...please share.

We both work full-time and our little family is OUT OF CONTROL. I'm too exhausted to complete tasks and IF we had a schedule...perhaps it would help.

Tell me/us what and when to do it...hey, maybe you could actually make INCOME by doing this...

Please help those of us who have no choice but to BOTH work full-time AND raise a family.