Thursday, March 23, 2006

The craziest thing EVER

We are leaving for China on April 1st. We will meet our new daughter April 5th.
Unbelieveable.

I will update more details later.


***********UPDATE**********

So Lee's mom and I went to orlando this past week with the kids for spring break. On Tuesday Lee just happend to check my email and saw that we got our TA (travel approval) to China. The email said we could leve as early as April 1st, but that was a small possibility. Well.........two hours later or so we found out that basically a miracle occurred and we get to leave on the first.

The next day we went to disney World and had a wonderful time. Yesterday we drove home and here I am with 400 lists of stuff do do and pack. I am a notorious procratinator so I have been caught way off guard.

I am just thilled about this, but completely overwhelmed.

Thankfully our families have jumped in and my kiddos will be well cared for while we are gone. I am heading to Babies R Us later and trying to find some lightweight, good sized suitcases too. (see I told you I was a procrastinator)

I am like a wacky cartoon character at this point. These checklists are swirling above my head taunting me. It is not a bad feeling really I must thrive on adreneline or something.

Also is this like a record in the China adoption world or something? I mean we just got our match 2-28 and we are leaving 4-1. That is just amazing. It is like 5 weeks from match to when we meet her on April 5th. How wonderful!

3 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

YIPPEE!!!

Sonia said...

Wow, Tracy! That was quick! Have a great trip and hopefully, we'll get to meet Mary Claire soon. Godspeed.

~Sonia

Beth and Shayna said...

T-how exciting you are leaving in just one week. I cannot wait for you to get there. Pack away my friend, this week will fly by.