Thursday, February 2, 2006

Mixed CD

My brother in law, John, just sent us some cd's and a super duper mixed cd just for us. The title? "Eighth Grade Jacket" Hee!

You just feel so special when you get a mixed cd. We brought in in the car with us to run errands and since John didn't send a list we had no idea what was on it. Ok so the first is some wierd technotronic song and Lee was all excited. It is some song off a video game they played called Buck Bumble. Never heard of it. The kids liked that song. They just do not have cool music taste yet, no matter how I much I try to enlighten them them.

Along the way is some Weezer and some punk Irish band singing about burnt toast. I like the toast song and Weezer is always good. Then there is some Rancid (which I can't stand but John continues to push on us) Then Hall and Oats? WTH? "You Make-a My Dreams Come True" John is messing with my head! I don't believe anyone has ever ever listened to both Hall and Oates and Rancid in the same year, much less on the same cd. Actually after I pushed my jaw back up I enjoyed hearing it, not too bad. Some other good new stuff too from John's eclectic collection ooh! that sounds good together, 'eclectic collection', I likes it and will probably use it again and again until Lee shoots me . There was also an instumental that started off great but then never went anywhere, don't know who that was. They sounded like a high school band that found a cool melody but then couldn't figure out what else to do with it.

All in all a good listen, except for the Rancid. I will never jump on the Rancid bandwagon. Sorry.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OOO, yeah...not a Rancid fan here either. Then again, I am married to a 43 year old classic rock FANATIC, so that's what we hear all the time. Since I am a child of the 80's I have to admit that I do like Hall and Oats, tho.

I wasn't really into classic rock until Fred, now I get regular quizes on anything from the Beatles to Thin Lizzy. HAH!

Stephanie V said...

I have mixed CD's like that, add in some Vivaldi and Bach - along with Weezer, Blink 182 and, umm, John Denver and you got yourself a rockin' time!

I've actually been to a Rancid concert, my BIL does the artwork for their Albums. It was fun and a bit freaky, but I can only take them in small doses.