Thursday, November 5, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

1. Sorted through their fall/winter clothes and put away the summer stuff. Of course, I can't put away all the summer stuff because we have freaky weather and it is possible we might need our shorts and tees even in November. This is a task I dread every spring and fall. I am so sad to see the little boy clothes go. Sometimes, when Luke has outgrown something, it is an item that has see us through three boys! The jammies are the worst. See these darling Superman jammies? They came with a little cape that velcroed to the shoulders. My boys wore these out! I finally parted with them *sniff*:

2. I completed week 4 of the CT5K. I should have been on week 5, but I did week 4 twice. Last Thurs. I pulled a hammy (hee hee, I never thought I would be typing that) or something so did a week 3 run and then went back to do week 4 over. I'm still enjoying this program so far and I am amazed at how much my stamina has improved already.

3. We tidied and cleaned out the playroom. I wanted to start that space for our homeschool time and it needed a big cleanup before we could be up there and not be comepletely distracted. It has been wonderful to begin our mornings at home with a prayer, a Bible story and some good read-alouds before we dive into math while listening to the local classical music station very softly in the background.

We have always done math first, just to get it out of the way honestly, but this change has helped us start and finish our seatwork more calmly and peacefully. Thanks to my internet friends and the ladies at the 4 Real Learning forums for their suggestions...

4 comments:

ViolinMama said...

What a refreshing list, and great ideas for me for homeschooling next year!

Thank you!!! :)

Erin said...

Tracy
So pleased to hear your mornings are going better:)

Colleen said...

Great list. Love your header! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mommabelle said...

Great job on the running! Do you have a 5k in mind? I always enjoy running the Atlanta womens 5k, but that is in the spring. You might be ready for a jingle jog!

We used to have those superman pj's too! We wore them out!

We always do math first too, but I have been thinking about changing our mornings to like you mentioned with prayer/bible. Last year I did so well with listening to whichever composer they were studying and wow, somehow it has gone out the window this year!