Friday, November 13, 2009

7 Quick Takes

Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes

1. We went to the zoo last Friday. It was a spur of the moment trip and we had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect and the and the animals were active. We haven't been to the zoo in awhile and there were some changes. Our favorite new exhibit is the parakeet experience. You enter and enclosed bird house and they are just everywhere. You can feed them off a little seed stick ($1 a stick! what a rip! we were lucky to have a kid pass us along his when he was leaving the exhibit and also we found quite a few just on the ground that we picked up) The birds were colorful and friendly, luckily no one was pooped on. Another winning exhibit was the gorrilas. In the viewing house there is a glass panel in front of some risers and you can just sit and watch them. One came right up to the glass and was eating his snack-staring right back at us!


2. My talk on Advent traditions went just fine, thanks for the prayers. No vomiting on the podium-YAY! My sweet husband has been travelling and he sent me flowers yesterday with a note saying he was so proud of me for doing this thing way out of my comfort zone. The kids were all ooohing and ahhing about their thoughtful dad, even the boys were impressed!


3. Now that the talk is done and not looming over my head I feel free to begin planning for the next big thing. Laine and I are going camping with her AHG troop. Just girls. We're looking forward to it. I actually sort of enjoy camping.


4. Right after the camping is Thanksgiving week. I am having it here for the first time ever. My in-laws will be coming over and I know I won't be cooking everything all by myself, but it is still exciting!


5. It is going to be in the 70's and sunny all weekend. How lucky are we?!


6. I ordered a photo book just for MaryClare and I really hope it gets here soon. It is full of pictures from our trip to China and our meeting for the first time. She has been very inquisitive lately about her 'story' and I want to be as forthcoming and gentle as possible. My hope is this photo book will show her how special she is. Four is such a busy age. Lots of lightbulbs going off for her right now prompting many questions and, I am sensing, a bit of insecurity.


7. I've been working on a little family project and I hope to be done this weekend. It's unique and it is so 'us'. I'll share some pictures when I finish.


1 comment:

Erin said...

Spontaneous sounds great!!
Glad the talk went well, and what a thoughtful husband:)