Thursday, August 16, 2007

One of Those Days

Yesterday was one of those days. It was just so good. Nothing extraordinary happend, it was just a good, happy day. I want to record the minutia here so that I can look back and remember this good, ordinary day.

I woke up feeling refreshed. I had a great cup of coffee made by my personal barrista (barristo?) Lee. I took Sparky on a walk before it became too hot. I came home and did some craft work with the kids. Jake and Ryan are working on a latch hook rug and Luke is learning needlework on a small canvas soccer ball. Then, Laine, Ryan and I sat on the couch and rolled some yarn balls. We had some egg salad for lunch and then went to the pool.

We had the pool all to ourselves. There was one group time out after an episode of rowdiness, but everyone played nicely for the most part. Luke and Laine are swimming with more confidence and Mary Clare (wearing her floaty suit) followed them all over the pool.

We left and put Mary Clare down for nap and then I went to the library and the grocery store. I came home and put away things and made a special dessert and then we got everyone dressed for mass. It was a feast day, The Assumption of Mary. Mass was at 6 and we saw many friends. After dinner we had a dessert (Pink Clouds-some stawberry jell-o and ice cream concoction)and then went out on the deck.



While I was doling out the dessert, Lee helped the kids write a short prayer to Mary. I rolled them into scrolls and tied them to blue and white balloons.
Out on the deck, the kids released the balloons. We watched the rise and thought of Our Lady and her Assumption into Heaven.



It was just one of those days!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the balloon idea. That was really clever. It also looks like dessert was a big hit!

Sonia said...

What an awesome tradition and what great memories you are making for your children. Mary Claire is as cute as ever! Her looks are really changing. Our babes are growing up, Tracy ~ waaaaaaa!

Emily said...

Great ideas and photos, Tracy! The kids looked like they loved the pink dessert!
God bless, Em

Minnesota Momma said...

Don't you just love "those days"? What great a neat idea about the balloons. MC is just adorable (as are all your kiddos!) And YUM on the dessert! Looks like a huge hit!