Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Important to me





Mary Clare has now been with us for longer than she was not. We met her April 5th 2006. For some reason, I have been waiting for this milestone. It is just important to me. I also think about when I will be 43 and I will have been married to Lee longer than I had not been. Quirky, no?

Anyway, she has changed so much and just making this slide show brought me to tears remembering all we have been through together and thinking on what we missed. This sweet girl has brought so much joy into our lives, I simply cannot imagine our family without her.

I asked the Jake and Ryan the other day, lightly and out of the blue, "So, do you like having a baby sister?"

"Oh yes!" they both immediately said as they were kissing and smooshing her as they tumbled out of the van. That was it. A brief little moment in time that made me catch my breath and squeeze my eyes to try and cement it in my memory.

Enjoy the slide show and be amazed with me.

6 comments:

Cay Gibson said...

She is absolutely adorable. :)

Sonia said...

I'm with you there. I await that same milestone. Don't ask me why, but it will be a special day for us too. All the best to you guys as you continue to grow in your love for each other.

Anothermadhousewife said...

Beautiful slideshow. I know she's been such a blessing for your family. Recently, when I was gushing about Luke, my friend said, "Aren't these fifth babies just the cherry on top?" I thought that was a cute image.

Along the lines of milestones, I thought it was cool when J.J. and I passed the point, where we had known eachother longer than we hadn't. :)

Minnesota Momma said...

She is just so precious, Tracy. I can't believe how big she is. It seems like just yesterday you were waiting to meet her. Thank you for sharing the beautiful slide show.

Anonymous said...

Toooooo sweet!! Hey...what is your email address? Everytime I send you something it bounces back to me....how about dropping me a quick one to let me know...CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR PRECIOUS CREW IN KNOXVILLE!!!! Love, Aunt Susan

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

That was a beautiful post ;-) and I love the slideshow! We have had LiLi 6 months and after 2 orphanages and foster care, she has been with us longer than any other place- so I totally share that sentiment! I especially like the comment about you and Lee!
Debbie