Thursday, March 1, 2012

{PHFR}




Oh the Legos! My 3 boys love Legos, and they are such a great hobby, but (insert the myriad of annoying things about legos here).

Sigh.

{real}

I installed instagram on my phone and tried a few shots. The Lego one is neat, but night shots -ehh. Maybe I just need to get the hang of it. Anyway I had a willing model to practice and be cheesy for me!

{pretty}
A couple of weeks ago we went to a fun father/son flag football game with our homeschool group. The girls got a bit bored and I finally persuaded them to wander around the fields and do a 'nature walk'. We found a a patch of clover and enthusiastically explained how to search for a rare 4 leaf clover and went back to cheering my boys.

No luck that day ;  (ba-dum-cha!)

but just this week old Eagle Eyes found one right out in our very own cul-de-sac! How neat! We have stuck it in a book to keep it. I am not surprised really by this find, the girl has like better than 20/20 vision and she has just always been so very observant. 


{happy}

We're enjoying this weird balmy winter weather.  The kids love jumping on the trampoline with Lee and it is so cute when their hair gets full of static.
{fun-ny}
I also wanted to ask if anyone has read Happy Are You Poor.? I am reading this and it is just life changing for me. I'd love to discuss with someone else, so let me know, ok?


Thanks for coming by!


round button chicken

8 comments:

*kate said...

I think we have to sucumb to the legos this week. One of the boys at preschool included them in the invite to his birthday party (super cute, BTW) But I think my boys caught the bug :) I love your photo of them.

Mama Bear, JD said...

Hmm I am going to look at that book. I tell myself that Legos = love, but my biggest issue is keeping the creations out of the hands of destructive little brothers.

Margo said...

I think I'm going to make a big circular cloth for the Lego - then it can be drawn up into a bag when they're done playing. Just need to find a sheet to sew it up. I hate stepping on Lego!

Mommabelle said...

That book sounds good. We are reading Kisses from katie right now.
My son loves lego's too, and I hope he can do a lego league next year.
We moved to a hundred year old house with a little over an acre, and almost all of that is in the back yard. We homeschool so wanted to stay where there were opportunities in that regard, otherwise we would have moved much farther out and gotten more land. We have a big garden and will get chickens this year. It is a fair bit of work to fix up and old house, but living simpler and much smaller is actually fantastic!

Tracy C. said...

I haven't read Kisses from Katie but I've followed her blog. Oh is she inspiring or what?! I love what's yall have done- you need to blog some more about it!

Lisa said...

I have a friend who can spot a four leaf clover so easily - it's a gift, I guess!

Sarah said...

Hi! My boys are definitely into legos as well, they don't get everywhere like they used to, however. I like Margo's idea of a huge circular sheet you can draw up with a string to put away. We have ours in giant plastic bins!

The pattern I use to crochet my rosaries is very simple and is my own. I use pony beads and a hook that will fit through the beads. The plastic cross and center I just poke the thread through before making it part of the chain.

That book looks fantastic and probably lines up with my own philosophy of living, although implementing it in family life requires two!

If you would like one of my rosaries as a sample to teach the girls how, let me know and I'll send you one and some directions. I mostly give them away to missions, and would love to see others begin doing this as well!

Grace and Peace,
Sarah

Colette said...

Happy are You Poor intrigued me. Bought it and am reading it-- kind of a difficult one isn't it!? I'm still chewing on it. Thanks for the recommendation!