Thursday, March 15, 2007

Catch Up

So how are you?

I am doing ok. Spring has sprung it seems so we have been outside a lot. Daffodils are blooming. I just love daffodils. They are such a happy flower. We are planning a vegetable garden. Maybe they will eat more veggies if they have helped grow them. It's worth a try anyway.

I am loving daylight savings time. We are staying up too late though and waking up late too.

Poor MC has had some thumb troubles. She sucks her thumb and I guess there was an increase in sucking and it became cracked and raw. So, I put the bandaid on and she ripped it off. I tried gauze and medical tape. She ripped it off. The Dr. suggested ace bandage wrap. She ripped it off.

This morning I wrapped it again more tightly and she could not get it off. Nap time was rough.

This evening I took it off before dinner and I was totally alarmed to see it was more red and swollen than before. I feel horrible, I think I wrapped it too tight. I am really beating myself up over this.

She was so happy it was off though and is acting her normal, cheery self. I am keeping an eye on it and if it is not better tomorrow we are hitting the Dr's office again.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Hum. That's rotten. Could you maybe put some lotion on it which tastes horrible (but isn't bad for her)? Then she would be less likely to put her thumb in her mouth. I know they use to have something like this for nail biters and of course for deer. Who knows if they make something similar for kids!? Just a harebrain idea.