Thursday, August 10, 2006

Poor Lainey

Today I am taking Laine to get her tonsils/adenoids x-rayed. The suspicion is that she will need them removed. They have always been large, but she has been battling strep and snoring like a sailor, even her speech is affected. So bye-bye nasty tonsils.

We have this old Bill Cosby cd where he talks about going to get his tonsils out and being promised ice-cream. It is so cute and the kids love the "Ice Cream Song" Things are done differently now, so she probably won't need to stay overnight, but still I know it will be painful for my poor baby.

Meanwhile, she is the cheeriest little thing and you would never know she wasn't feeling 100 percent.

4 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Good luck Lainey. Sleep over at the hospital or not, ice cream is still mandatory!

Amy said...

Hugs to Lainey. Shelby just had her tonsils and adenoids removed back in June. It was harder on me. She came home from the hospital and asked to go swimming. No ice cream -- no dairy allowed. Ice pops are good though. We had special Dora ones for the occasion.

Anothermadhousewife said...

Poor Lainey. :(

Your post below (end results) is so beautiful. There is always that pull back and forth isn't there? I often think, "NEXT summer it'll be SO much easier to go to the pool, or go anywhere, because Luke won't need a big 'ole morning nap. . ." But then I get sad, because he's the last baby, and I don't want to wish his babyhood away. I have that same thought when I'm stomping around the house, tired of picking up after so many people, that one day I'll WISH there were little people around to wipe toothpaste all over the bathroom walls. ;)

Anothermadhousewife said...

Oh, and one last thing. I have NO attension span for commercials. We never had Tivo, but after having so many years of only DVD's, I sit there and think, "What did I used to DO during commercials?" . . .which is funny, b/c I've always been terribly UN-task-oriented, but these are the incremental changes that having 5 kids brings. ;)