Thursday, April 5, 2012

{PHFR}


Been a sick week. :(

This has been the worst winter for us sickness wise in years. No vomiting, thank God, but fevers and sore throats and tummy aches and sleeplessness making us all around a pretty grumpy bunch. You know how some people are just better patients than others? Well this sick princess is definitely not a good patient.

{real}
She is just miserable poor thing, and tends to make everyone miserable along with her. 

Lee said to me the other night how God must love me so much because he is giving me such wonderful opportunities for extra penance this Holy Week....yep. Trying to be optimistic here...

{happy}
My step dad just turned 70 and this past weekend we had a great surprise party for him. Luke was thrilled to have Coke at the party because he has given up all drinks except water for Lent. I told him it was a special occasion and he had an exemption. I pretty much made that up I guess, but it really was such a hassle in the crowd and the server just wanted to get the kids all served quickly.

{funny}
While at the doctor with Sara I found a recipe in Parent's mag. for breakfast cookies made with carrots and oats with a cream cheese filling. Sounds too good to be true right? I mean cookies for breakfast? Woo Hoo!
Unfortunately I couldn't make myself tear out the article and I forgot my phone which I usually use to make pics of stuff like this. I tried to find it on the interwebs when I came home, but no luck. 

So I improvised.

{funny}
I remembered the recipe called for a cream cheese filling sweetened with maple syrup but I didn't have any and I just used agave. It worked great! Seriously it was so easy, just beat the cream cheese and add in agave to taste. YUM! I sure love me some cream cheese frosting and now I know how to make the easiest, yummiest frosting in the world! In fact, I'm going to use it on my lamb cake...


{pretty}

The cookies turned out delicious and I guess they are sorta healthy. The kids love them and I will make them again for sure!



round button chicken

4 comments:

Colette said...

Ok, I've been reading through your blog and have enjoyed it so much. A lot of similarities from backyard chickens to the crocheting and adoption. I want to come over to your house for a cup of tea or something--not when your sick though!-- Had to laugh out loud when I saw you made breakfast cookies- I made some last week for the first time too. Are you sure we're not sisters???

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Girl, I better never let me kids see your blog or they'll know that other moms are way cooler than me and serve their kids cookies for breakfast!

Mmmmm....now I need cookies...

Tracy C. said...

yeah- don't be too impressed, they're probably only mildly more healthy than whatever cereal was on sale last week that they usually get for breakfast.I really want to be a good hearty breakfast making mom, but I'm just not there yet. I'm just too dang tired.

MightyMighty said...

Second that! Just found your blog via a comment you left on mine. What adorable kids! Can't wait to read more. :)