Saturday, September 26, 2009

Everything and the kitchen sink ...

Summer wrap up:

Jake and Ryan went to camp this summer to Camp Marymount. I went to this camp from 83-91. It's a traditional camp and accomodations are rather, um, rustic. I wish I had some pictures, but my camera lens busted during drop off! Luke really wants to go next year, but I want him to wait until he is older. They were there for three weeks. I missed my guys so much, but they had a wonderful time, cold showers and all.

Camp beagan after the swim team season so all four swimmers were able to compete in the summer leagues. They swim at a neighboring club because our pool is too small to have a team. Several other families from our subdivision and from church swim there too so they know the kids. It's a very laid back team and they even let MaryClare 'practice'. She would go up and down the lane in her floaties kicking and laughing. She loves the water. I have never seen a kid love it so much. This winter and spring she'll have swim lessons and I know by next summer she'll be ready to be a full member of the swim team.

We started back to school in mid-August (Ack!) This year we are members at a hybrid school where the kids go 2 days a week and we homeschool hte other days, following the Mother of Divine Grace curriculum. We are thrilled with this so far. It seems to be a perfect balance for us. Oh and they wear uniforms. Laine is the only one who is happy about this though.

Lee has travelled less this year than ever before in our marriage. It has been wonderful! In the midst of this rocky economy we have been so fortunate that his business is thriving. Still, we have tried to be more mindful and frugal than ever before, although I have always been somewhat of a cheapskate!

As for me? I am happy and content. I can't imagine doing anything other than what I am doing every day, even if I am motivated to continually learn and grow. I taught myself to crochet this past year, did some personal writing and joined a gym. Now I need to finish that crochet project, the story and the CT5K plan! That is the hardest thing for me, finishing stuff!

1 comment:

Anne Aurand said...

welcome back!