Wednesday, April 22, 2009





















I went out this afternoon to run a few errands. Lee was extra busy today so it was me + 6 vs. Old Navy, Target, Costco, Michael's and the library. You do the math.

I was optimistic as we pulled out of the driveway. Everyone had on clean clothes, the girls had their hair brushed and tamed into pigtails (so cute!) and I even had on make-up and some hip giant hoop earrings.

We hit Old Navy and I made the needed returns, got my money back and we were out of there in record time. Next on to Target and some more returns. I was waylaid by the damn dollar spot, but still we left Target in under an hour and with a bill under 100.00. Beat that!

We make it to Costco and it is slammed! Still, I get in and get my stuff. Same for the rest of the stores. I am a mom on a mission; to complete my quest and make it home for nap time.

Throughout the day we receive our normal number of amazed stares and typical comments. "Are they all yours?" etc... Some nice comments too like "You are so lucky!" I even see an old college friend at Costco and instead of avoiding eye contact and hiding behind a tower of paper towels, I engage and chat for minute.

This evening, my mission accomplished successfully, I relaxed on the couch nursing Sara. Luke, Lainey and MaryClare were playing nicely. I had just put together this bouncy jumper thing for Sara I had gotten at Target earlier today. (She is so strong and loves to stand!) I was enjoying watching them play with the box the toy was in.

Ah, they are so imaginative my children, look how sweet they are and playing so nicely together! I am such a great mom that they play and love so creatively!

I was not too surprised then when Luke jumped up on the couch with me and asked when we could have another baby.

Ah yes, siblings are wonderful aren't they? No jealous whiners in my house!

Smiling, I quizzed him some more about his request. Another girl? Or a baby brother next time? Heck, what about some more twins?

Giggling madly he replied. "Oh it doesn't matter, as long as we can get more boxes to play with!"

So apparently, new siblings are only worth the boxes they bring with them.

My mommy ego is now back to it's normal size, thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great post! I smiled profusely reading it and knowing the fun of it as now I can say I have experienced going out into the world with you and your six. What a beautiful gift you all are to the world!