Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hello out there!

I need to take the time to properly say 'Hello' and 'Welcome' to anyone who reads this blog. I do not use a site-meter, so basically the comments section is the only indication I have of who is reading.

Every couple of months I re-think this whole blog thing and wonder if I should pack it up. I question my own intentions and motives in what I write and share with the blogosphere. Obviously, this is not a diary, but I do write about some personal stuff as well as just a daily log on family life. Sometimes I think it is arrogant of me to believe strangers would even care about our beach trip or how we force our kids to be nice. I know many family members read this, but so do other folks, people I know in real life and others I have never meant. Usually, I have no idea how they strolled into the Magnolia Cul-de-sac!

I do love to write though and I think that writing for an 'audience' helps you become a better writer. It is an exercise in clarity. I know and trust that Lee understands what I mean when I mutter around the house about my toothbrush being buried in the Lego box. However, I re-read my blog entries and try to pare down and edit so that hopefully they make sense. Interestingly, my blog seems to encourage clarity in my everyday thought process as well. What a nice side-effect!

Anyhow, welcome to my blog and thank you for reading.

9 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Thank you for the warm welcome. I always enjoy my visits here!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

I love reading and hope that you will keep posting :D

Anonymous said...

DD... I look forward to your posts; it's a little window on your family's life that is so precious to me. You are a phenomenal Mom. I appreciate all you and Lee do every day to raise our wonderful grandchildren as loving, caring people. You have your priorities right!
Love,
Mom

Jeanie said...

Hello, and thanks for the great welcome!

I am not sure how I found your blog (linked through someone else's blog I'm sure --- I'd tell you if I could remember)...I enjoy reading here.

My husband and I are struggling with infertility and have only had a few short conversations on adoption. We're not the most go-getting people you've ever met to getting big things done, and we're not sure adoption is where the Lord is leading us, but reading a blog like yours is HELPFUL to me as my husband and I clop along on our little journey.

Thank you for all you share -- much of which is so helpful (if even to one person, isn't that enough? I think so...)

I hope you have a fabulous day.

Jeanie from Minnesota

Michelle said...

I love reading your blog - especially seeing all the pics of the kiddos. I love that your force your kids to be nice to each other - I do it here to. I'll often tell them "friends may come and go, but sisters are for ever."

I have a book recommendation for you. It's called God's To Do List. It's by Ron (?) Wolfson - he is Jewish, but the book is not about Jewish life. It's about God has on the To Do List for all of us. It's wonderful to see his suggestions on how to do God's work here on earth. I think it would be something you'd really enjoy - and a great way to get the kids involved in doing God's work. If you read it, let me know what you think!

Mayogi said...

Hi there! Thanks for the warm welcome! I just found your blog, thanks to Catholic Mothers Online. I really like what I've read so far. Now I'm off to read some more.

take care and God bless.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and share the same values here in Cleveland, Ohio. It's like visiting with a friend. --Sharon

Mommabelle said...

Enjoy visiting here!

Laura W. said...

Hi! I'm 'out here' and I just discovered your blog today! Helen at Immaculate Castle just gave me your blog address because of your adoption info.
I love your blog...I will be back to visit again soon.
Please don't "pack it all up".
Thanks!