Thursday, May 3, 2012

{PHFR}

Hello! Since I can't sync my phone anymore I decided to start just emailing my pictures to myself. It will take forever, but I've got to get these off my phone before it dies for good. 

Today my {PHFR} is a belated Holy Week and Easter edition. This year we added new traditions that I pray will become a part of our family history. I also want to really celebrate Easter, not let it be just a period punctuation to Lent.  I hope that we can look on the Easter season with joy and happiness. 

{real}
One tradition we began is a Holy Thursday Passover remembrance meal. That is quite a long title, but I don't know what else to call it! I made up a program for us to follow along and the kids had sparkling juice while Lee and I got wine. That was a treat itself because we'd given it up for Lent!

The program was simple we read and prayed before and after we ate and the menu was made to be significant to passover. This is not us trying to re-create a Seder meal at all, I just wanted it to be a memorial. We had lamb, salad, a haroset type of mixture made with apples and
raisins and some matzoh crackers.

{happy}

The dessert was this lamb cake. This is my first attempt ever at a lamb cake. They're supposed to be standing up, but mine didn't quite work. It still turned out so cute though. MaryClare LOVES to help in the kitchen. She helped decorate with the marshmallows.

{fun}
On Good Friday we tried to keep quiet from noon until 3, tried being the operative word here! Then we headed to our parish and did the outdoor stations of the cross together. Later we made these easy treats from an idea from Catholic Icing. Aren't they cute?

{pretty}
On Saturday we went to my in-laws for a family Easter gathering and the kids had an egg hunt with their cousins. On Easter we went to mass at 8:15 where the boys served and then came home and spent the day eating and hanging out with good friends!

Thanks for checking out my {PHFR}! 






round button chicken

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your lamb cake is lovely! You're really a talented decorator of cakes.

Happy Easter season!

Mommabelle said...

We finally ordered Happy are You Poor! We are reading it together. So far only up to chapter 4. I can't post on my blog lately, because the new blogger format doesn't seem to work on my computer. My husband is working on it, so hopefully I can put something up again.
Tamara

Tracy C. said...

Tamara-It is a very challenging read, but I'm glad I read it! So much has happened since I last blog and I am trying to decide how/what direction to take this blog. I hope you can get back to blogging soon and we can dig into this book a bit!

Mommabelle said...

Allright, time to pick it up again. I do like it, we are just trying to get a few things done before this baby is born. I'll see if Brendon can read it outloud while I finish crocheting a blanket!
Tamara