Thursday, February 23, 2012

{PHFR}

{fun}
So we're back around to Lenten season again.  Last spring was kind of nuts for us because I ended up on bedrest at the hospital before Josephine was born. I spent much of Lent at the hospital, and Easter, and missed my Grandfather's funeral and also my Nana's 90th birthday celebration. It was such a crazy time for my family. Lee was very stressed and there was so much upheaval, but we made it through and after all of that uncertainty, Josephine was born healthy, teeny tiny, but healthy.







{more fun}
I am so thankful. Seriously, my heart is just more full than I ever imagined when I think where we were last year and then this year.

Anyway, Fat Tuesday I made a king cake. I make one every year, but it seems every year it turns out differently. That could be because I use different recipes! I just can't settle on one. They all are good! This year we almost didn't make it. The dough exploded during the rise and was all over the fridge. It was delicious though. We ended up having bacon and cake(and wine for Mom and Dad) for dinner. A very Fat Tuesday indeed!








{happy}

 My boys have been so close lately. Jake is looking so teenagery, getting pimples and growing so fast. He is not really acting teenagery just yet. I have been following Auntie Leila's advice about teenage boys... so far so good.....

Ryan (on the far right) is maturing quickly too. They are only 14 months apart so they are going through this puberty stuff together. Luke adores his big brothers and the three of them are still tight.



                                                                       
{pretty}






My sweet Nina is growing fast. Two new teeth poked through this week up on top. She is fantastic at army crawling and finding every small item of fuzz/dirt/leaf on the floor and trying to eat and choke on it. It drives me crazy and she has all of us on edge trying to keep her safe.  The legos are a nightmare!












{real}
                                                                                                                                                                                         
       


                                                                                                                                                       
My best friend gave me this cute sign! The kids line up their mugs and keep them there above the sink.














round button chicken

4 comments:

Mommabelle said...

Sorry to read about your Dad's illness.
Well, so far we are having a much better Lent than last year, and boy are we thankful!
Tamara

Blair said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a beautiful family, and looks like you have a MaryClare just like we do!

Julia said...

The sign is funny!

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting my {pfhr}! You have a gorgeous family and I am so impressed by your crochet blanket for your dad... wow. And I totally love that you had bacon and cake for Fat Tuesday. :-)