Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Yarn Along: 4

I'm so excited to share my secret Christmas present! I am making three of these for my 3 sons. Aren't they hilarious? I am following a general pattern I found at this blog: Gumbo Soul.

Aren't I handsome with a beard?! I think the boys are going to love them and they're not too hard. I am using beanies we have that my Nana made for us a couple of years ago and I'm attaching the beard with buttons sewn inside the hat.

I am also finishing up Christy for my book club. I have enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would. It is a Christian book, but it is not all treacly or sappy like some Christian novels can be. I loved the Appalachian setting and the vivid descriptions of mountain life. At times, the character Christy is a bit annoying and unbelievable, but all in all most of the characters are well drawn and multi-dimensional.


Thanks for visiting my blog and a big thanks to Ginny for hosting

5 comments:

Mama Gone Green said...

those are definitely funny!

Lise said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your sweet comment.

The beard/mustache is very funny; I'm sure they'll love them!

Martha said...

I love it...I'm trying to figure out who I should make one for...both my husband and dad have beards...and I have girls. Maybe they would like one just to be silly (and warm)!

Mommabelle said...

Very funny!
I think I finally have the hang of most of the loops/stitches in crochet and am doing a scarf with them just to practice, but I'm ready to try an easy pattern!
Tamara

~*Gumbo Soul*~ said...

this is great! And they are SO funny! I can't help but giggle the entire time I'm stitching one of these up. :) So glad you were able to work out the pattern stuff!