Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick thinking


"Hey mom, what are hooters?" she says.
"Whaaa?" I glance up at the giant busty lady on the billboard. "Oh yeah, they're owls, you know-cause they hoot. It's a restaurant."
Thank God there is an actual owl on the sign. He's hiding behind the lettering, his eyes standing in for the Os, but he's there.
Silence.
She snorts. "Well, that's a silly name for a restaurant."
"Yeah baby, I know."
I give myself a mental pat on the back. Thanks to my quick thinking my 7 yr. old's innocence is preserved just a bit longer.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Good job! Its sad that you cant drive down the street without your child being exposed to "adult things"

Kate Wicker said...

That's hilarious.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

(So sorry to leave an unrelated comment, but I couldn't find another way to contact you on your blog.)

I just wanted to make sure that you knew that your blog is featured as a site on the Catholic Gadget (Catholic Family Toolbar). http://www.catholicgadget.com/