Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Memory

What a busy and wonderful year 2008 was. I hope I remember it in years to come.

I have often said to Lee that one of my hopes for heaven is to be able to have a perfect and clear memory of life on earth. I hope to picture and remember all of the precious and sweet moments with babies, loving moments with my husband, fun times with friends and all of the goofy things my kids do. Other productive parents diligently commit these moments to scrapbooks and home movies, but I am barely treading water in the memory keeping department and am very thankful for my friends and family who remember to bring their cameras to big events.

Of course, the drawback to a perfect and clear memory in heaven is replaying all of the yucky shameful and embarrassing moments I have experienced that are now forgotten. Perhaps I can ask my Lord to edit those parts out for me!

Heaven seems a long way off now anyway, so I will do my best to blog more in an effort to prompt my feeble memory and remind myself of the wonderful moments 2009 will surely bring. I will probably not record the ugly ones, but I reserve the right to change my mind on that. Sometimes you have to remember the oooky to appreciate the good.

To re-cap 2008:

1. Mary Clare began pre-school, which she loves!
2. We made a family trip to Disney World.
3. We made several new family friends, the F**o family being one of them.
4. Celebrated the 4th of July with extended family.
5. Had a record number of visits from the Tooth Fairy.
6. Enjoyed a trip to the beach.
7. Ryan received two 'first' sacraments.
8. Jake began karate.
9. Ryan played flag-football and Luke played soccer.
10. Laine began gymnastics.
11. Welcomed a new daughter and sister
12. Lee broke his ankle one week after welcoming new daughter and sister

I hope to write more about our end of year experiences, but I am still processing all that happened right there at the end of December, so that may come later.

1 comment:

Anothermadhousewife said...

So glad for the re-cap of 2008.
Anna has become our family photographer, and I'm able to be guilt-free about not taking pics. It's fabulous. Not only is she a better photographer than I am, she took almost 700 pics last week at Nana's house!