Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer daze

Summer is in full swing. The days seem long and relaxed, but they are passing by too quickly. I read this on the 4Real Learning Forum and felt this summed up my feelings completely!

Hugs and blessings to all of you who still have wee ones...where the days are so very long, but the years are too short!-Oney Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fourth was a great day for all of us. In the morning we went to the local parade. I just love a parade. I always get choked up when the bands play and the kids cycle by on their bikes decorated with red, white and blue. When I am at the parade I have a real feeling of community and citizenship. We always go to this parade on the Fourth if we can. We went before we actually lived in this part of town and we will come even when we move out.

After the parade we headed home to cool off and rest. I lounged around reading while Mary Clare had a long nap and then we went to mu in-laws for a swim and some hamburgers and grilled corn on the cob, yum!

We gathered up the crew as evening approached and drove to meet our friends (and Mary Clare's godparents) to watch some fireworks. After getting lost and stuck in traffic, we ended up with a great parking spot and a great view of some spectacular fireworks. Fireworks have gotten quite fancy! Our favorites were the ones with golden glitter trails at the end and the ones with crazy meteorite movement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, Luke and Laine are continuing their swimming lessons and we have a co-op meeting on Thursday. We are planning to go to a cousin's annual pig roast at their lake house on Saturday. YUM! I am also beginning to plan for this year's curriculum. This is a bug job, but I really enjoy it.

Happy Summer Days to all of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy,

did ya'll move? I woke up this AM thinking about you and for some reason remember reading that you were going to move again. Maybe I'm making this up and I'm really insane! :o)

Hope ya'll are having a GREAT summer! Love the pics

Elle~tt

Tracy C. said...

Hey Elle! No, we haven't moved yet. I think it might take a long time to sell bc the market seems very slow. Thanks for checking in!

Emily said...

Tracy, I love the new look for your blog! God bless and kiss MC for me!
in Christ, Emily