Friday, May 25, 2007

My sleep number is not 100

Last night I came home from visitng my sister and all of the kids (sans MC)were tucked in a sound asleep...in the tent outside. I had been over to my sister's to see the first episode of my summer guilty pleasure, So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD). We love that show!

I was so surprised to find the kids actually sleeping in the tent! I really didn't think they would do it. I talked with Lee for a minute though and we quickly decided it was wierd for them to be out there without an adult. I was mostly concerned about Luke and Laine. I was worried they might get up and need to go to the bathroom or have a bad dream (Laine had a bad dream on vacation about crabs!) Since Lee has a hurt back (leftover from the muscle spasms during his seizure) I needed to take one for the team.

It was neat to be out there with the kiddos, in the wide open. I read and prayed and tried to drift off into dreamland, but then I made a horrible discovery. The ground? Pretty darn hard.

Last fall when we camped out, Lee and I had an air matress (yes we are cheaters!)and even then I didn't sleep very well.

I made it restlessly through the night, but man am I tired today. Also my hips hurt. The kids slept like angels and were making plans for tonight. Sadly I had to nix that idea. Mommy is getting to old to sleep on the ground (sleep number 100) my sleep number is more like 35.

1 comment:

erika said...

Glad you're back from your hiatus. I need to take a blog-reading hiatus. Beautiful beach pictures!

Where are you moving?!

I think we're going to hit the Atlanta zoo in a few weeks. If you're due for a visit, we'd love to meet up with you. Let me know. :)

And IRYC: We'll definitely have to come swim again (if you haven't moved).