Thursday, December 22, 2005

Rumors.......

I belong to a couple of yahoo groups about China adoptions. One is very general and others are for people with close LIDs and/or using the same agency.

Every couple of weeks people start writing what their agencies are telling them about when the next batch will be coming and what LIDs it will include. All of the rumors are just exhausting.
One current, and often repeated rumor says that the next group will be mailed out next week and will include LIDs up to 5/10. Another says they won't come for 3 more weeks and will only include the last half of April. It is an emotional rollercoaster just reading these speculations.
So why do I keep reading them? Because I have become a rumor addict and these yahoo boards are my shady connection to some cheap fix.

It really is crazy because sometimes there will be totally contradictory rumors circulating about the referrals and some even come from an agency. I am not sure why the dates and the timing are so shrouded in mystery.

During the Big Wait I have learned so much about myself and grown in character and virtue too I hope. Simplicity is a virtue I am working on and the adoption process has been a perfect setting to be challenged and to grow in simplicity.

This process has revealed that I am a closet control freak. Well, maybe it was a secret to me and everyone else already knew that. Anyway, at least now I know that is a tendency and I can really try to overcome it.

So while these rumors get me tense and/or excited at times, I have learned to take them with a grain of salt. This is not to say that I am immune to the rumor drug, but maybe I am building an immunity to the highs and lows of the news. I am going to be travelling over the Christmas weekend and I am challenging myself not to check any of the boards until I get home on Tuesday.

No comments: