Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I've been spring cleaning around the house and decided it was needed on the blog too. White space feels very freeing and simple to me right now.

I am so glad winter is over. Some years it flies by and spring is here before I know it-this was not the case this year. After Christmas, I was so done with winter. Lent was a drag. I was haphazard about it at best.

I completed the CT5K and I am now working on 10k training, but it is going verrrrry slow. Kind of like how I did the CT5k (a 9 week program) in about 30 weeks. I will be thrilled to complete the 10k program by 2011!

We are still trucking along in the hybrid school. There was really no way to get out of it. It is not horrible really, just not a great fit for our family. I beginning to discern and evaluate our needs for the fall and I am also keen on implementing a summer program for us. Nothing intensive, just to keep us in a routine.

I've been reading the Well-Educated Mind for myself. It is basically a reading program with a list and questions. I am ready to begin the first book Don Quixote. Coincidentally, the kids are going to be in a DQ playette in a few weeks. This book is hefty though. I seriously doubt I will finish it soon.

It looks like my reading training is going to be a lot like my physical training. Luckily I have no deadlines. No exams scheduled for me, ha!

3 comments:

Anne Aurand said...

finally... you're back! good luck with the reading... and running. you're an inspiration!

Lisa~~ said...

Nice to see you back! I feel you on being glad that winter is behind us and ready for a bright start. How great that you completed the C25K, I am 8 weeks in and just finishing up week 7 due to pain during weeks 1 & 2. My feeling though, as long as I'm doing it and keeping active, even if I never finish it, I'm still doing some good. Good luck with your 10K training, reading program and whatever you do for the kidlets schooling.

Mommabelle said...

Nice to see you back!

I have not been able to run for months, but am seeing a PT and am on the mend! I'm looking forward to getting back out there.

We are not going back to the hybrid program next year either. Like you say it's not bad, and I would recommend it to other people, but it is just not for us.

Tamara